Zoning Verification letters are generally a request from homeowners, mortgage lenders, appraisers, and legal advisors. A zoning letter demonstrates that the use of the property in in compliance with all municipal zoning code regulations, and if the use and/or property has obtained any zoning permits that could further impact the development of the subject property.
In order to process your request, we need the following information sent to our office in letter form. The request should be addressed to:
6000 54th Avenue North
Kenneth City, Florida 33709
The request should include the following information pertaining to the property:
- Legal Address;
- Property Identification Number(s), (PINs), or FOLIO Numbers;
- Current or Proposed use of the property;
- To whom the letter should be addressed;
- Required Fee.
Please send a check with the request. If you wish to drop off the letter, you can also pay the fee at Town Hall. Zoning letter fees are as follows:
- Single Family/Duplex: $100 per parcel or Folio Number;
- All Other Properties: $200 per parcel or Folio Number;
- Expedited Letters: Additional $100 per parcel or Folio Number.
Generally, zoning letter requests are completed within 10 business days after the letter has been stamped as "received" by the front counter staff. If you need an expedited letter, the return time is typically 3-5 business days. If you have any questions regarding zoning letters, please contact Matthew Campbell, Town Manager at (727) 498-8948.