The Town Manager is the chief executive officer of the Town who leads the organization, provides administrative direction, and ensures the Town operates in a fiscally responsible manner. The Town Manager is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of the Town Council. The Town Manager's office is responsible for the day-to-day management of all operations of Town government, administration of all Town services, appointment and supervision of staff, and enforcement of all policies and procedures represented in the Town codes. Additional responsibilities of the Town Manager are represented within Article III of the Town Charter including:
- Execute the laws and administer the government of the town except as limited in this Charter.
- Appoint and, when necessary for the good of the town, remove all officers and employees of the town, except as s/he may authorize the head of a department or office to appoint and remove subordinates in such department or office, unless these powers are otherwise limited by law.
- Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the town council.
- Prepare and submit to the town council, as of the end of the fiscal year, a complete report on finances and administrative activities of the town for the preceding year.
- Keep the town council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the town and make such recommendations as may seem desirable to the town manager.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or may be required by the town council not inconsistent herewith.
|Matthew Campbell||Town Manager||(727) 498-8948|