Kenneth City contracts with Waste Connections for garbage pick-up. Residents receive two (2) pick-ups per week on Tuesday and Friday. Please call (727) 572-6800 for more information.
- Each big blue garbage can holds 96 gallons and recycle bins hold 18 gallons. The blue cans are to be used for normal household garbage and basic yard debris. Recyclables should be placed in the bins. (That equals 228 gallons of trash weekly per household!)
- Household garbage should be in bags. Always compact leaves; cut branches into small pieces and break down boxes before placing in receptacles.
- If you need to put an additional receptacle out for branches (no longer than 4’) or a couple bags of leaves, set them next to the bin and Progressive will pick up during the normal Tuesday/Friday run. However, if you have more than 2 or 3 bags of yard debris, you will need to call Progressive to schedule a pick-up at (727) 572-6800.
- You also have the option of the town picking up brush, tree limbs etc. (as long as it can be run through the chipper) for a fee. Information is on our website under DPW; Resolution 12-12.
- For pick-up of furniture/appliances/carpeting(bulky non-hazardous items), residents should call Progressive to schedule a special pick-up. There is no additional charge for this.
- Residents/businesses are responsible for all hazardous waste–call Pinellas County Solid Waste at (727) 464-7500 for information and site locations.
- Print out the Trash/Garbage Reference Sheet for easy reference.
Recycling & Disposal Guide
The online A to Z Recycling & Disposal Guide in Pinellas County includes recycling and disposal options for residential waste only. Enter your Pinellas County zip code to find out how to recycle materials. Type the name of a waste material, and they'll tell you where it goes for recycling, composting or disposal.